The Exogal Comet is a high performance digital to analog audio converter (DAC) playing up to 32/384k and DSD. Just connect your computer, or other digital/analog source, and experience exceptional audiophile quality sound. The Comet DAC does everything you would expect a high-end DAC to do, including balanced and unbalanced analog outputs, digital volume control and asynchronous USB input - all at a sensible price.
- Designed for real-life listening with sound that’s amazing, whatever the setting
- Easy digital upgrades for hardware and software
- Controlled by the Exogal Remote App for Android or Apple iOS
- Asynchronous USB, AES/EBU, SPDIF, Toslink, and line level Analog input
- Direct connection analog outputs with 32-bit Digital Volume Control
- Analog Outputs: one pair balanced (XLR), one pair unbalanced (RCA), one stereo Headphone
- Single ended and balanced analog outputs can be used simultaneously. Single ended outputs can be programmed as stereo, or center/subwoofer operation. Single ended outputs have a programmable offset level from balanced outputs
- Controlled by the Exogal Remote App for Android phone or tablet (running 4.3 or higher with BLE support) or an iPad, iPhone 4s or newer, or iPod Touch.
Digital Inputs: AES/EBU on XLR, SPDIF on 75Ohm BNC, Toslink, USB-B, Analog on isolated RCA
Analog Outputs: One Pair Balanced (XLR), One Pair Unbalanced (RCA), 2.62V RMS full scale analog output
The default configuration is that the Balanced and Unbalanced outputs are the same.
The Unbalanced output can be configured to be 4.0V RMS so it can drive a 500W subwoofer to clipping.
Headphone Output: 2.10V RMS measured into impedances ranging between 81 ohms and 6000 ohms.
Weight: 9.2 lbs (4.2 kg)
Dimensions (HWD): 1.875 x 7.45 x 11.5 in., (4.76 x 19.0 x 29.2 cm)
Finish: Clear (Silver) or Black Anodized Aluminum
Also available in Black finish!
USB System Requirements
Apple: OS 10.6.4 or higher - No driver needed
PC: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2 or higher, Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10
Product and Support Documents
Download the iPod/iPhone/iPad App from the iTunes store (Search "EXOGAL Remote"... sorry, Apple won't give us a permalink!)
Download the Android App from the Google Play Store here